It’s like 11pm right now and I laid down in bed about 8:45pm just up and playing a little of candy crush, just a little bit and catching up on everything, I am a Sub-Teacher so mentally and physically I’m like pooped! I love children though, they are certainly different.
This post if you have read my last post are sorta interconnected. It’s not very often I share what I am studying on or my confessionals. I study a whole lot and sometime go through different translations and languages to really get a feel of a word. I guess that’s what writers do, search out the feeling and action in the words. I was lying down comparing my day with my confessions and I was like man I was not patient, I was provoked (not horrible provoked, I was irritated), and maybe I thought something mean today once or twice or maybe even three times! I apologize if this post is a little lengthy just stick with me for a moment.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
When I read the Bible especially the accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and them writing down the things of Jesus and the conversations and reactions of people; I always say Jesus you are so patience with us, how in the world!! I would have left, through up my hands and said ‘Dad I’m coming home tonight, they don’t get it.’ (lol) Thank you Lord, I was not Jesus and He lives on the inside of me so I won’t quit either! Shouting moment right there… I started studying on one scripture and God pulled me to study another and He is also the reason I got out of bed to post this.
I say a first person confessional for 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. I am going to type it down and believe me, this will probably be my longest post ever! So here goes:
- I suffer long ( I bear someone even if they aren’t my type of person at the moment, like the complaining cashier, or the talkative neighbor, or the children who want to draw instead of do their work)
- I am genuinely kind ( I may not even get along with this person, but I forgive and forget, I love them in spite of them and I do it with all glory going to God. I watch my words, actions and countenance.)
- I am not prideful for it comes before my demise or fall.
- I do not behave rudely, considering others better than myself.
- I do not seek out my own agenda (letting nothing be done through selfish ambition Phil 4:12.)
- I am not (ever) provoked; (I have no buttons to push)…this is the one I am being dealt with the most (smile!)
- I think no evil ( I do not plot or think harmful thoughts they are not available to my thought life.
- I do not rejoice in the iniquity of others ( their pain and suffering); but I rejoice in the truth ( His mercy endures forever, He goes after the one out of the ninety-nine, and the prayers of the righteous availeth much)
- I bear all things ( all God has called me too.)
- I believe all things (that the Holy Spirit has revealed to me. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen.)
- I endure all things ( Acts 20:24 NKJV But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.)
Last but not least…vs 8 begins with a sentence that never hit me like it has this week. I never fail.
1 John 4:18 These is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. I actually received more revelation as I was writing this blog and that is what usually happens anyway. The beginning of verse 8 says Love never fails, Jesus was perfect in His walk with God because He was made perfect in love and if I am made perfect in love I can never fail the assignment that God has placed me on this earth to fulfill. Am I going to be perfect 100%, I’m not Jesus but I do strive to walk in His footsteps as a child does their father and mother. I can only achieve and succeed in striving and never fail as I am made perfect by His love.
Imagine being so overtaken by the love of God, His very essence of true love being revealed to me by the Holy Spirit that I am captivated, intoxicated, eyes only for my one true Love; Jesus, that I couldn’t fail, ever! (I have to shout and praise Him, there is nobody like the Lord!!! ) Being made whole, takes on a whole new meaning when love is involved!